10 Steps to Building Your LinkedIn Network
The more you do, the more contacts you could have in your LinkedIn network! If you want to build and expand your LinkedIn network, follow these steps:
Fill out your LinkedIn profile completely.
- Check for former colleagues and classmates who are on LinkedIn by using specific LinkedIn searches.
Import your Outlook contacts.
- Add former email addresses to your account so past connections can find you more easily.
- Check for people who share a group or affiliation with you.
- Go through your business cards for potential contacts and search for them on LinkedIn. Send them an invitation or a request to join.
- Search through your first-degree network connections.
- Advertise yourself by joining and participating in LinkedIn groups.
- Use the People You May Know feature.
- Meet people on LinkedIn (through LinkedIn groups and jobs as well as your news feed discussions) and then invite them to join your network.