How to Track Your Account Teams in Salesforce
Tracking your account teams is easy in Salesforce. If you’re fortunate enough to work with large companies, you probably know that it takes a team of people to win complex deals and maintain large accounts. The Account Owner field may identify the primary person in charge, but often you need to know who to go to for a specific purpose, or maybe the account owner is just out sick. Account teams lets you list all the individuals at your company who work with an account and detail their specific roles.
- Choose Setup→Customize →Accounts → Account Teams.The Account Team Setup page appears.
- Click Enable Account Teams, select the Account Teams Enabled check box, and then click Save. The Page Layout Selection page appears, allowing you to select all the Account page layouts to which you want to add the Account Teams related list. If you have account types (and layouts) that never require team collaboration, don’t add the related list to these.
- Select the account page layouts to which you want to add the Account Teams related list and click Save. The Account Team Setup page appears, where you can choose to define team roles for your organization. This step is optional.
Now that Account Teams are enabled for your organization, to give credit to your team and make sure that others know whom to call, go to an account record and follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the Account Team related list or click the Account Team hover link at the top of the page. If you don’t see the Account Team related list, have your administrator activate the feature in Setup.
- Click the Add button to add up to five team members. The New Account Team Members page appears.
- Use the Team Member lookups to select fellow users of Salesforce who work on this account. You can always go back and add more later.
- (Optional) Specify the sharing access you want to give for this account, its opportunities, and its cases.
- Select the appropriate role in the Team Role drop-down list.
Click Save. You’re returned to the account record’s detail page with your account team listed.