How to Download and Install Salesforce1
In today’s world of tablets and mobile devices, you can be anywhere and access Salesforce. To best experience Salesforce from your mobile device, find the Salesforce1 app in the iTunes App Store (if you’re an iPhone user) or the Google Play marketplace (if you’re on the Android operating system). They’re free to download and you get instant access to your most-viewed accounts, contacts, opportunities, cases, leads, and any other custom tabs specific to your company.
The downloadable Salesforce1 app is not supported on the BlackBerry; however, some BlackBerry users (Z10 and Z30 phones) can still access the mobile browser app.
To download and install Salesforce1 on iOS via the App Store, follow these steps:
- From the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, select the App Store icon. The App Store home page appears.
- In the Search field, type Salesforce1. A list of search results appears.
- Select the Salesforce1 app in the list of search results. The Salesforce1 app page appears.
- Tap Free and then tap Install to install the app. You may have to enter your iTunes account and password for the download to begin. The download begins and finishes, and the app appears on your home screen.
- Select the Salesforce1 icon on your home screen and click I Agree. You’re prompted to enter your Salesforce account’s username and password.
- Select Login once you’re done to enter Salesforce1 and get started.
Now that you’ve installed Salesforce1 on your device, let’s talk about the configuration options you have to make it your own.