How to View Your iPad’s Calendar
Whether you’re retired or still working, you have a busy life full of activities (even busier if you’re retired, for some unfathomable reason). You may need a way to keep on top of all those activities and appointments. The Calendar app on your iPad is a simple, elegant, electronic daybook that helps you do just that.
Calendar offers several ways to view your schedule:
- Start by tapping the Calendar app icon on the Home screen to open it. Depending on what you last had open and the orientation in which you’re holding your iPad, you may see today’s calendar, List view, the year, the month, the week, an open event, or the Search screen with search results displayed.
- Tap the Today button at the bottom of the screen to display Today’s view (if it isn’t already displayed) and then tap the Search button to see all scheduled events for that day. The Today view with Search open, shown here, displays your daily appointments for every day in a list, with times listed on the left. Tap an event in the list to get more event details or tap the Cancel button to exit Search.
If you’d like to display events only from a particular calendar, such as the Birthday or US Holidays calendars, tap the Calendars button at the bottom of the screen and select a calendar to view.
- Tap the Week button to view all events for the current week, as shown. In this view, appointments appear against the times listed along the left side of the screen.
- Tap the Month button to get an overview of your busy month. In this view, you see the name and timing of each event.
- Tap the Year button to see all months in the year so you can quickly move to one, as shown.
- In any calendar view, tap the Search button to see List view, which lists all your commitments in a drop-down list on the right side of the page, as shown.
- To move from one month or year to the next (depending on which view you’re in), you can also scroll up or down the screen with your finger.
- To jump back to today, tap the Today button in the bottom-left corner of Calendar. The month containing the current day is displayed.
Calendar looks slightly different when you hold your iPad in portrait and landscape orientations. Turn your iPad in both directions to see which orientation you prefer to work in.
To view any invitation that you accepted, which placed an event on your calendar, tap Inbox in the lower-right corner and a list of invitations is displayed. You can use text within emails (such as a date, flight number, or phone number) to add an event to Calendar. Tap outside the Inbox window to return to the calendar.