How to Use HomeKit Automations on Your iPad
One of the great advantages of using HomeKit on your iPad is the ability to automate your home. Getting started is easy. Simply tap the Automations tab at the bottom to manage automations.
You can work with one of the built-in automations or you can create your own. (Most people probably use a combination of both.) It may be easiest to start with one of the built-in automations. Remember that you can always come back and redo this, do put your feet up (remember: no ladders needed!) and experiment to your heart’s content.
- Tap an automation to open it.
- Make sure it’s enabled. (You may want to disable automations at some time in the future so that you can set up automations to enable while you’re on vacation, for example.)
- Tap When to set a time for the automation to run.
- Also note that you can tap the days of the week when you want the automation to run. Tap any day to turn it off.
- Tap Select Accessories and Scenes to open this view.
- Choose the scenes you want to use when the automation starts.
- Swipe down to choose accessories to use.
- For both scenes and accessories, touch and hold to edit the details to be used in this automation.