Scan Pages into Notes on Your iPad
iOS 11 incorporates into the Notes app on your iPad the ability to scan and mark up documents directly, as opposed to needing third-party options for such tasks. To scan pages into Notes:
- With a note open, tap the + button above the keyboard to display the shortcut toolbar.
- Tap Scan Documents in the options, and the scanner window shown here appears.
- Position the document you want to scan in the scanner window.
- Tap the white Scan button to scan the document.
- Drag the handles in the corner of the scan selection (the lightly shaded area) to select the portion of the document you want to capture, as shown.
Try to make the scan selection as square as possible to maintain the correct aspect ratio, which makes for a cleaner scan.
- Tap the Keep Scan button in the lower right of the screen.
- When the scanner window opens again, you can repeat Steps 3 to 6 to scan more pages or tap the Save button in the lower-right corner to save the scan.
- To share your scan or save it as a PDF, tap the scan in Notes, tap the Share button in the upper-right corner, and select a method of sharing or tap Create PDF, all shown here.