How to Insert Photos, Videos, Drawings, and Sketches into Notes on Your iPad
Notes is a great way to use your iPad to keep track of your busy life. If you need to add some extras for that additional bit of flare, try inserting a photo, video, drawing, or sketch.
Insert a photo or video into a note
Want others to see your great photo or video. That’s easy.
- With Notes open, tap to create a new note or tap to edit an existing note.
- Tap the center of the note to display the keyboard.
- Tap the Picture icon (shaped like a camera) above the keyboard. This will show your options.
- Do one of the following:
- Tap Photo Library to insert a picture you’ve already taken and choose the photo you want to insert.
- Tap Take Photo or Video, and take a new photo or video on your iPad.
- Tap Use. The photo or video you selected in Step 4 is inserted into your note.
Add a drawing or Sketch
You can even add a personal touch to your note with a Drawing or Sketch.
- With your Apple Pencil, you can create a drawing to add to your note. With a note open, tap in the note to display the keyboard.
- Click the Drawing tool (a squiggle near the right side of the top of the keyboard). The drawing tools appear.
- Tap a drawing tool (Pen, Marker, or Pencil).
- Tap a color in the color palette that appears.
- When you’ve finished drawing, click Done.
Tapping the Ruler tool places a ruler-shaped item onscreen that you can use to help you to draw straight lines.