How to Run an Instagram Stories Ad in Ads Manager
Instagram Stories can be created only in Facebook Ads Manager, not in the mobile app. To run a Stories ad by using Facebook Ads Manager, follow these steps:
- Create a photo, video, or carousel ad.
- In the Placements section, select Edit Placements, and then select only Instagram Stories as your placement.
- Scroll down to the Budget & Schedule section.
You should already have an idea of how much you can spend for the entire campaign, and the length of the campaign.
- Choose Daily Budget (the default setting), enter your daily campaign-spending amount, and choose the days you want to run the campaign.
Be sure to enter the daily amount for the campaign, not the entire campaign amount.
- In the Optimization for Delivery drop-down list, choose Link Clicks.
Leave all other fields at their default settings.
- Click Continue. The Page & Post page appears, where you can upload your ad. When choosing a Stories ad, you have only one option: Create New Ad.
- Upload a photo or an image, or upload a video.
Because Stories are vertical, the recommended image size is 1,080 x 1,920 pixels for an image, or filming in the vertical format on your phone for video.
- Type your caption text, choose a call-to-action button, and enter the website in which you’d like to link the ad.
- When everything looks good in the preview on the right, click Confirm to process the ad.