- Take a photo or video in Instagram Stories, or upload a photo or video there.
- Tap Aa at the top right of your screen.
A new screen with a keyboard appears.
- Type your word or phrase (emojis work here too).
You can change the text color and size:
- To change the text color from white, the default, tap a colored circle. Scroll left or right to reveal more color choices or tap and hold down on a color circle to reveal another color selection palette.
- To change the type size, find the slider on the left side of the page and move it up or down.
- If you want to tag someone, type @username and select the person from the suggested profiles.
The person will be notified that you tagged him or her in your Story.
- Tap Done.
- (Optional) Make further changes:
- Move the text by tapping and holding down on the text and then sliding it to its new position.
- Change the type size by placing two fingers on the text and sliding your fingers apart or together.
- Change the angle of the text by placing two fingers on the text and twisting left or right.
- Share the Story by tapping Your Story; save it by tapping Save; or send it as a DM by tapping Next, selecting the recipients, and tapping Send.
To create block text (white text that has a color boxed behind it), tap the A at the top of the keyboard screen. Tapping the A again makes the background transparent, and tapping again removes the transparency.