How to Set Power Saving Mode on Your Gear S2
In case you can’t charge your Gear S2 smartwatch right away, Samsung has given you the Power Saving setting so that you can squeeze the most juice out of your battery.
To turn this setting on, go to the Connections options screen and tap Power Saving. The Power Saving screen, as shown, appears and tells you what this mode does to save power.
Those power saving strategies include:
- Using a grayscale Home screen instead of full color and a digital clock on the Home screen instead of an analog one
- Limiting functions to receiving calls, messages, and notifications
- Turning off Wi-Fi
- Limiting the smartwatch’s overall performance
If you decide against saving power, tap the Cancel icon (it has an X in it) on the left side of the screen. Turn on Power Saving mode by tapping the Confirm icon (it has a check mark in it) on the right side of the screen.
The power saving Home screen comes on and shows you the current time at the top of the bland, monochrome screen. In the center of the screen are the following three icons (from left to right):
- Call icon: Tap to review received calls
- Battery icon: Shows the current battery strength percentage
- Messages icon: Tap to review received messages and notifications
Turn off Power Saving mode by tapping Off at the bottom of the screen and then tapping the Confirm icon at the right side of the confirmation screen that appears. Your regular Home screen returns and displays the current time.