What Makes the Galaxy S7 Cameraphone Exceptional
The Samsung Galaxy S7’s cameraphone is just like a digital camera — maybe better. If you’ve ever used a cameraphone, you might be thinking, “Why make such a big deal about this camera’s phone? Cameraphones aren’t worth the megapixels they’re made of.” Granted, in the past, many cameraphones weren’t quite as good as a digital camera, but Samsung has addressed these issues with the Galaxy S7:
- Resolution: The resolution on most cameraphones was lower than what you typically get on a dedicated digital camera. The Galaxy S7, however, sports a 12 megapixel (MP) camera — and that’s good enough to produce an 8-x-10-inch print that’s indistinguishable from what you could produce with an analog camera, and 4 x 6-inch photos are plenty large for most uses.
- Low Light: Many cameraphones perform badly in low light conditions. The Galaxy S7 has an f/1.7 lens, which will impress the folks who know what that means. The implication is that the S7 works well in low light.
- AutoFocus: Amateurs like it when a camera will do the hard work of focusing. The technology in the S7 takes a big leap by having more pixels figuring out where to focus.
- Photo transfer: With most cameraphones, the photos are hard to move from the camera to a computer. With the Samsung Galaxy S7, however (remember: it uses the Android operating system), you can quickly and easily send an image, or a bunch of images, anywhere you want, easily and wirelessly.
- Screen resolution: In practice, many cameraphone users just end up showing their pictures to friends right on their phones. Many cameraphone screens, however, don’t have very good resolution, which means your images don’t look so hot when you want to show them off to your friends. The good news is that the Samsung Galaxy S7 has a bright, high-resolution screen. Photos look really good on the Super AMOLED screen.
- Organization: Most cameraphones don’t offer much in the way of organizational tools. Your images are all just there on your phone, without any structure. But the Samsung Galaxy S7 has the Gallery application that makes organizing your photos easier. It’s also set up to share these photos easily.