Using the Today and Notifications Tabs on Your iPhone
Your iPhone knows that there are some things you need to know. What if you missed something and need to get caught up? There are two tabs in Notification Center for you to play with: Today and Notifications.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to display Notifications.
- Notice the two white dots on the bottom of the screen:
- The dot on the left indicates the Today tab.
- The dot on the right indicates the Notifications tab.
- Swipe to the right on the screen to access the Today tab to show all information about today, such as Reminders, weather, stock prices, Calendar items, and other items you’ve selected to display in Notification Center
You select what appears in the Today tab by tapping the Edit button at the bottom of the Today screen, then selecting which items you want to see: Today Summary, Traffic Conditions, Calendar, Stocks, Reminders, or Tomorrow Summary. Tap Done to return to the Notifications screen.
- Swipe to the left to visit the Notifications tab to see all notifications that you set up in the Settings app for Notification Center. You’ll see only notifications that you haven’t responded to or deleted in the Notifications tab or that you haven’t viewed in their originating app.