How to Organize Multiple iPhone Apps in Folders at One Time
iPhone lets you organize apps in folders so that you can find them more easily. If you have multiple apps, using folders will help you keep track of where they reside. The process is simple:
- Tap and hold an app until all apps start jiggling.
- Drag one app on top of another app.
The two apps appear in a box with a placeholder name in a box above them.
- To change the name, tap in the field at the end of the placeholder name, and the keyboard appears.
- Tap the Delete key to delete the placeholder name and type one of your own.
- Tap Done, then tap anywhere outside the box to close it.
- Press the Home button to stop the icons from dancing around.
You’ll see your folder on the Home screen where you began this process.
iOS 11 introduces the neat trick of allowing you to move multiple apps together at the same time. Follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the first app you’d like to move.
When the apps are jiggling, you’re ready for the next step.
- Move the app just a bit so that it’s no longer in its original place.
- With your free hand, tap the other app(s) you’d like to move along with the first app.
As you tap additional apps, their icons “move under” or “attach themselves” to the first app.
- When you’ve selected all your apps, drag them to their new location.
They’ll all move together in a caravan!