iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 7 Plus: Which is Right for You?
You’ve decided to get your own iPhone to have a smartphone that offers much more than the ability to make and receive calls. iPhone also offers lots of fun apps, such as games and exercise trackers; allows you to explore the online world; lets you read e-books, magazines, and other periodicals; allows you to take and organize photos; plays music and videos, and a lot more. But, there are two versions. Which one should you choose?
The size of each iPhone varies:
- iPhone 7 measures 2.64” by 5.44” (4.7” diagonally) and 7.1 mm thick.
- iPhone 7 Plus measures 3.07” by 6.23” (5.5” diagonally) and 7.3mm thick.
You can get iPhone 7 or 7 Plus in gold, silver, rose gold, black, and jet black.
Other differences between iPhone models come primarily from the current operating system, macOS 10.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models have a few variations:
- 3G talk time of up to 21 hours on 7 Plus and 14 hours on 7.
- iPhone 7 Plus has two rear-facing cameras, providing amazing optical zoom and other features, while 7 has a single rear-facing camera.
- Screen resolution (the higher the resolution, the crisper and brighter the phone display). The iPhone 7 provides 1334 x 750 resolution (more than 1 million pixels) and 7 Plus provides 1920 x 1080 (more than 2 million pixels).
This table gives you a quick comparison of iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, and 7 and 7 Plus. All costs are as of the time this book was written. (Some carriers may introduce non-contract terms.)
iPhone Model Comparison
|Model||Storage||Cost (may vary by carrier)||Carriers|
|SE||16 and 64GB||from $399||AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile|
|6s||32 and 128GB||from $549||AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile|
|6s Plus||32 and 128GB||from $649||AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile|
|7||32, 128, and 256GB||from $649||AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile|
|7 Plus||32, 128, and 256GB||from $769||AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile|
One exciting pricing option is the iPhone Upgrade Program. You choose your carrier, get an unlocked phone so you can change carriers, and receive Apple Care + to cover you in case your phone has problems, all starting at a cost of $32 a month. Data usage from your carrier will come on top of that.