How to Sync Calendars on Your iPhone
Although the iPhone comes with a Calendar app, you may prefer an alternate service. If you use a calendar available from an online service, such as Yahoo! or Google, you can subscribe to that calendar and sync it to your iPhone to read events saved there.
- Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen to get started.
- Tap the Passwords & Accounts option.
- Tap Add Account and the Add Account options appear.
- Tap a selection, such as Outlook.com, Gmail, or Yahoo!, depending on the calendar service you’d like to use.
In the next screen that appears, enter your account information for the service (the screen you see will vary, depending on the service you selected in Step 4). If you don’t yet have an account for the service, there will be a way on the screen for you to create a new account.
- Tap Next.
iPhone verifies your address.
- On the following screen, tap the On/Off switch for the Calendars field; your iPhone retrieves data from your calendar at the interval you have set to fetch data. Tap the Accounts arrow in the top-left corner.
To review these settings for data fetching, tap the Fetch New Data option at the bottom of the Accounts dialog.
- In the Fetch New Data dialog that appears, be sure that the Push option’s On/Off switch reads On (green), and then scroll down to choose the option you prefer for how frequently data is pushed to your iPhone: every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, hourly, automatically, or manually.
If you have multiple accounts, you can choose how to retrieve event information for them individually.
Though you can have calendar events pushed to you or synced from multiple email accounts, having data pushed to your iPhone may drain your battery more quickly. It’s not a major concern, but one to be aware of if you notice your battery draining quickly over an extended period of time.