Renewing Your iPhone X with Recovery Mode
If you’ve gone through all the suggestions in the book or you couldn’t attempt some or all of them because your iPhone X series phone is so messed up, try the iPhone X rendition of recovery mode:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the included Lightning-to-USB cable.
- Launch iTunes if it didn’t launch automatically when you connected your iPhone.
- Press and quickly release the volume up button, and then press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold down the side button until the Recovery screen appears.
If you see a battery icon with a thin red band and an icon displaying a wall plug, an arrow, and a lightning bolt, you need to let your iPhone charge for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When the battery picture goes away or turns green instead of red, go back to Step 3 and try again.
- Choose to restore or update your iPhone:Restoring wipes out all existing data on your device and installs the latest iOS version.
Updating upgrades the software to the latest version while preserving all the content and settings on your device.
- Use iTunes to restore the device from a backup.