How to Manage Notifications in Windows 10
Notifications are the sometimes pesky little message boxes that appear in the lower-right corner of the screen when you least expect them. Luckily for you, Windows 10 gives you a pretty high level of control over those notifications. You can decide for yourself whether notifications appear and which notifications you want to see.
- On the Settings screen, select System.
- Select Notifications & Actions.
The top of this screen is for customizing the Quick Actions panel. Scroll past Quick Actions options to see the options for customizing how and when notifications appear.
- Under Notifications in the Notification & Actions screen, turn options on or off to tell Windows whether you want notifications to appear on your screen.
- Scroll down the Notification & Actions screen to the area called Show Notifications from These Senders.
You see an alphabetical list of apps that can deliver notifications. Drag the On/Off sliders to tell Windows 10 which applications you want to deliver notifications.
- Select the Close button (the X) to close the Settings window.
In the bottom right corner of the screen, Windows 10 will show you the number of notifications you have not yet viewed. The number appears in the corner of a small quote box. Simply click on the box and Windows 10 will list any unseen notifications.