Knowing Your Limits on Instagram
For all the fun you can have on Instagram, you need to be aware of a number of restrictions. Instagram doesn’t approve of accounts that act spammy or that overengage in certain behaviors that appear to have motives other than natural interactions.
The limits outlined here are meant to help reduce that automated activity and ensure more authentic engagement from users on Instagram.
Following is a list of the most common and current restrictions on Instagram:
- Number of characters you can use in a username: 30
- Number of characters you can use in your bio: 160
- Number of characters you can use in a caption: 2200
- Number of accounts you can follow: 7500
- Number of accounts that can follow you: unlimited
- Number of follower posts you can have in your feed: 200
- Number of posts you can like per hour: 350
- Number of posts you can share: unlimited
- Number of recent likes that you can view: 300
- Number of notifications that can appear in the activity log of the notifications tab: 100
- Number of hashtags you can include per post: 30