Access the App Store by tapping the App Store icon on the Home screen of your iPhone. You can start by exploring either the Today tab (which features special apps and articles), by Categories, or by the Top Charts (see the buttons along the bottom of the screen). Or you can tap Search and find apps on your own. Tap an app on your iPhone to see more information about it.
Here are some interesting iPhone apps to explore:
- Sudoku (free): If you like this mental logic puzzle in print, try it out on your iPhone. It has three lessons and several levels ranging from easiest to nightmare, making it a great way to make time fly by in a doctor’s or dentist’s waiting room. There are also several sudoku apps to choose from, so find the one that’s right for you.
- Epicurious (free): If you enjoy cooking and are always on the lookout for new recipes to try, Epicurious is THE iPhone app for you. Thousands of recipes are at your fingertips, and you won’t need to thumb through a recipe book to find them.Epicurious app for the iPhone.
- Mint: Personal Finance & Money (free): This highly rated financial app (almost a perfect 5 stars with over 400,000 reviews on the App Store!), helps you manage all your finances in one easy-to-use tool. View account balances, track spending and bills, create budgets, and more!
- Goodreads (free): If you’re a reader, this is an app you won’t want to be without. This app will keep you up-to-date on the latest releases, and you can browse reading lists and reviews from thousands of other users.
- Procreate Pocket ($4.99): If you’re a serious artist, you will love Procreate Pocket. It’s perhaps the most complete painting, sketching, and illustration iPhone app out there.
- Pigment – Adult Coloring Book (free, with in-app purchases available): Adult coloring books have exploded in popularity over the years, and they’re a wonder at helping us unwind and unleash our creativity. This app is one of the best coloring book apps for iPhone.
- Virtuoso Piano Free 4 (free): If you love to make music, you’ll love this iPhone app, which gives you a virtual piano keyboard to play and compose on the fly.
- Travelzoo (free): Get great deals on hotels, airfare, rental cars, entertainment, and more. This app also offers tips from travel experts.
- Blood Pressure Monitor (free, with in-app purchases available): This iPhone app helps you keep track of your blood pressure and maintain records over extended periods of time in one convenient place: your iPhone. Use the accompanying reports to give your doctor a good overview of your blood pressure.
- GoodRx (free): This iPhone app is a gem when it comes to finding the lowest prescription prices in town. It’s saved users untold amounts of money as opposed to simply going to your same old pharmacy and hoping you’re getting the best price. GoodRx will even find coupons for you to use, and you won’t have to clip them out of a flyer or newspaper advertisement!
- Skype (free): Make Internet calls to your friends and family for free. While your iPhone comes with FaceTime, some members of your circle may not have iPhones, so in those instances Skype would be the best way to communicate.
- Nike Training Club (free): Use this handy utility to help design personalized workouts, see step-by-step instructions to help you learn new exercises, and watch video demonstrations. The reward system in this iPhone app may just keep you going toward your workout goals.
Note that you can work on documents using apps in the cloud. Use Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and more apps to get your work done from any device.If these don’t work out for you, simply delete the app from your iPhone.