- Display the My Menu menu, shown on the left.
You can create a custom menu to hold up to 20 of the settings you access most often.
This menu shares a slot in the menu list with the Recent Settings menu. The menu icon for the My Menu menu is labeled in the figure. If the Recent Settings menu appears instead, scroll to the end of that menu, select Choose Tab, and select My Menu. The My Menu screen then appears.
- Choose Add Items, as shown on the left. A screen listing all the other camera menus appears.
- Select the menu that contains an option you want to add to your menu. You see a list of all available options on the selected menu. A few items can't be added to a custom menu; a box with a slash through it appears next to those items.
- Select the item you want to add.
Either tap the item or use the Multi Selector to highlight it and then press the OK button or tap the OK symbol. You then see the Choose Position screen, shown on the left in the following figure; more about that screen momentarily. For now, just press OK or tap the return arrow at the top of the screen to return to the My Menu screen. The item you just added appears at the top of that screen.You can set the position of each menu item as you add it via the Choose Position screen (left); rearrange the entire menu by choosing Rank Items from the My Menu screen (right).
- Repeat Steps 2–4 to add more items to your menu. When you get to Step 3, a check mark appears next to any item that's already on your menu.
- Arrange the menu items on the Choose Position screen. After you add your second item to the menu, the Move symbol at the bottom of the Choose Position screen becomes available. You can then rearrange the position of the menu item you just added if you want. While that item is highlighted, press the Multi Selector up or down or tap the Move icon at the bottom of the screen to display a yellow line. Position the line just above where you want to put the just-added item. (You'll have the opportunity to rearrange items later, so don't get too hung up on this step.)
- Press OK. Your menu is saved, and the initial My Menu screen appears.
- Change the order of menu options. Display the My Menu screen and highlight Rank Items, as shown on the right. If your menu contains more than a handful of items, you need to scroll to the second screen of the menu to get to the Rank Items option.
After choosing Rank Items, you see a screen that lists all your menu items in their current order. You can then use the touchscreen or Multi Selector and OK button to shuffle the list:
- Touchscreen: Tap an item to select it and then tap the line where you want the item to go. After reordering all items, tap OK to lock the moved item into its new home.
- Multi Selector: Highlight the item you want to move, press OK, press the Multi Selector up/down to choose the new list position, and then press OK again.
When you're happy with the order of the menu items, tap the exit arrow (top right of the screen) or press the Multi Selector left to return to the My Menu screen.
- Remove menu items. On the My Menu screen, shown on the right in Figure 10-8, select Remove Items and press OK. (Again, you may need to scroll to the second page of the menu to get to the Remove Items option.) You then see a list of current menu items, with an empty box next to each item. To remove an item, check its box. (You can tap the box or use the Multi Selector to highlight the item and then press the Multi Selector right.) After tagging all the items you want to remove, press or tap OK. You see a confirmation screen asking permission to remove the item; select OK to go forward.