Tips for Dads: Things You Can Do before Morning Sickness Starts
Ready to be a dad? Well, there are a few things you can prepare for among all of the things you can’t. Your life is about to change forever, so there’s no time like the present to do some of those things you may have to trade in when your child is born.
Here are a few things you can do to celebrate your impending fatherhood while you still have the time:
- Get in loads of unprotected sex (with your partner!).
- Take the vacation of your lifetime. Vacationing won’t be the same for the next 18 years or so — make the most of it now.
- Ponder your own experience growing up and the things you would like your child to experience.
- Sleep in late, cook a leisurely brunch for you and your partner, or go for picnics.
- Splurge on something indulgent, like going to a fancy restaurant or a day spa.
- Start a journal, scrapbook, or blog to document the months leading up to your child’s birth and make it a memento to give your child when she’s older (yes — plenty of good material for an embarrassing 21st birthday slideshow).
- Read up on massage and practice on your partner. Invest in a few good quality aromatherapy oils and some sweet almond oil. (Hopefully, she’ll return the favor!)