How to Install New Widget Games from Apple on Your Mac
Looking for a new gaming challenge for the Dashboard of your Mac? No problem. Apple offers additional game widgets that you can download from Apple. Third-party software developers also provide both freeware and shareware widget games. When the download is complete, El Capitan automatically prompts you for confirmation before installing the new widget.
To download a new game and add it to your Dashboard, follow these steps:
- Display your Dashboard by pressing the Dashboard function key.
- Click the Add button (which bears a plus sign, naturally) in the lower-left corner of the Dashboard screen; then click the More Widgets button that appears. El Capitan opens the Widget Download screen, using your Safari web browser.
- Browse the different widget categories until you’ve located a widget you’d like to add to your Dashboard.
- Click the Download link. The Widget Installer prompts you for confirmation before the widget is added to your available widgets.
- Click the new icon in the list of available widgets. El Capitan adds it to your Dashboard screen.
Don’t forget to set any options that your new game offers; look for a tiny circle with a lowercase letter i. Click this information icon, and you can set the options that are available for the game.