Dealing with Emergencies in the Food Truck Business
It is a good idea to prepare your food truck staff for emergencies. Do your employees know what to do in case of an emergency? What if there’s an explosion, a fire, or another type of emergency in or around your truck? Your employees need to understand what their roles are in the event of an emergency.
Whether an accident happens to a co-worker or one of your truck’s customers, your staff needs to know how to respond. Here are a few steps you and your staff should take:
- Take care of the injured individual immediately; try to reduce any discomfort and embarrassment the individual may feel due to the accident.
- Treat the individual with respect by being courteous and helpful.
- If possible, take the individual away from the area where the incident occurred.
- If the injury occurs to a customer and he’s alone, ask whether he would like to call someone or if you may make a call on his behalf.
- Ask the individual to describe what caused the accident.
- Let the individual decide whether he needs an ambulance or medical treatment. If he’s unconscious, immediately call 911.