Business to Take Care of Before You Open Your Food Truck

By Richard Myrick

Part of Running a Food Truck For Dummies Cheat Sheet

Your food truck is a business, so you need to get the necessary forms filled out and filed before you hit the streets and open your service window. Use the following list to ensure that you have the accounts and paperwork you need before your food truck’s opening day:

  • Business checking accounts

  • Business license

  • Business name and/or Doing Business As (DBA) registration

  • Federal Employer Identification Number and State Tax ID

  • Health department inspection

  • Insurance (business, automotive, and liability)

  • Lease agreements (for your commercial kitchen and office space)

  • Local vendor permits (if required)

  • Merchant account (to process credit cards)

  • Sales tax account (seller’s permit)

  • ServSafe food certification (for you and your staff)

  • Trademark Registration (business name and logo)

  • Vehicle license