How to Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Content Builder Templates
Content Builder takes the place of the old template creation tools that were available via the Email app in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Check out the template editor screen in Content Builder.
An email template is a starting point for your email messages. The template contains multiple content areas where you can drag and drop images, content blocks, or other kinds of content. You can save time and ensure consistency across email messages by filling in some of those content areas on the template with boilerplate options.
Use these steps to create a template:
- From the Content Builder app, navigate to the folder that will contain the template.
You can move the template later if you need to.
- Click the Create button (above the toolbar on the right side of the screen) and point to Template. Choose one of the following options from the flyout menu that appears:
- Paste HTML: If you’re skilled with HTML and become accustomed to the conventions used in Marketing Cloud, you can paste HTML into an editor window to create customized templates.
- From Existing Template: Beginners should choose this option. Marketing Cloud offers numerous layouts that you can use as the basis of your template. The following steps in this procedure assume that you chose this option.
- From the list of layouts that appears, click the one that you want to use, and then click Select.
The template appears for you to edit.
- Create boilerplates, those sections of the template that you want to be the same for every email message that uses this template.
For example, you might choose the image that appears at the top and add a button to share the email on Twitter somewhere near the bottom, but leave the middle section to populate when you create the individual emails.