How to Use Facebook Live to Engage with Your Business’s Community
A favorite aspect of Facebook Live is the capability to interact with viewers as part of your social media marketing strategy. Give and take between the viewer and the person producing the video provides a more authentic experience and can endear a brand to its community.
When you take time out to pay homage to the people who are watching your video, you’re telling them that they’re a part of the event and that you value them and the experience.
You can engage with your Facebook Live viewers in several ways. By talking with them instead of at them, you’re encouraging participation. So it’s important to notice who is viewing your video at any given time. In turn, viewers will communicate in the form of comments, or by reactions.
Here are some tips and best practices for engaging with your Facebook community:
- Respond to comments and interaction by using names. Respond, by name if possible, when people post comments and use reactions. When you use names, you’re making the viewers feel special and important.
- Encourage questions. Invite your viewers to ask questions so you can respond.
- Ask questions. Ask questions so your viewers can respond. Read their responses out loud so they know you see them.
- Welcome new viewers by name. When new viewers join the live stream, call them out by name. They’ll appreciate being noticed.
- Take requests. Ask your viewers what they would like to see during the live stream. They’ll enjoy helping to shape your content.
It’s important to make your viewers feel as if they’re an important part of the live streaming experience. When you call them out by name, they feel as if you value their viewership, input, and time.