How to Add and Remove Tabs on a Facebook Page
Facebook allows you to configure or rearrange your business’s Page tabs, which include a Video tab, an Events tab, and a Photos tab.
The Tabs you see will vary depending on what kind of Page category you choose. You can also change the design template for your Page by clicking the Edit button in the Templates section above the Tabs.
To add these tabs to your page or remove them, follow these steps:
- Choose the Settings link at the top of your Page.
- Click Edit Page (on the left side of the screen) and scroll down to Tabs.
- Click the Settings button to the right of the tab and make your changes.
A pop-up window appears.
- Add or remove the tab by selecting the appropriate option. You can also change the order of your Facebook Page tabs views by positioning your mouse on the dotted area to the left and dragging each tab into the desired order.
- Click Save.
Make sure that you remove any unused tabs on your Page to create a good impression for Facebook users. If someone visits your Page while you’re displaying the Events app but haven’t published any events, for example, Facebook users see the message This page has no Events. This isn’t the kind of impression you want to make on people who visit your Page.
Adding more apps to your Facebook Page
In addition to the apps that are included with your Facebook Page (Photos, Videos, Notes, and Events), you can choose among thousands of free and premium apps. These apps allow you to add further functionality — such as promotions, videos, and e-commerce — to your Page. One way to do this is to search Facebook for an app and add it to your Page by following these steps:
- Type the name of the app in the Facebook search bar at the top of the screen. If you don’t have a specific app in mind, simply search for the type of app you’re looking for. Type the phrase contact to search for contact form applications, for example, and then select any apps that appeal to you.
- In the search results, click the Use Now button for the app you want to use. In some cases, you will be taken directly to a permissions box.
- Follow the prompts to add the app to your Page.
These prompts are different for each application.