Email Pre-Send Checklist for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Preview the content. Preview both the HTML and the text version of the email to make sure the text version looks okay, in case the subscriber requested text only or the HTML version can’t load for any reason. Pay special attention to the location of hyperlinks in the text version.
- Send an internal test. Do a test send to yourself or a group of people in your company who are willing to help. Design your test carefully to make sure that it sends all possible permutations of your message content. Make sure that personalization, dynamic content, and AMPscript-driven content is rendering as you want it to.
- Check the links. Click all links in the emails to make sure that they go to the correct web pages. Be sure to suppress send from tracking so your test clicks don’t alter the true count of links that your subscribers click.
- Look at different platforms and devices. Check how the email looks across different platforms and email programs. Don’t forget to check how the email looks on handheld devices. Make sure that the layout of the email, especially the presentation of graphics, looks how you expected it to. Tools, such as those offered by Litmus and Email on Acid, make it easy to preview your email across platforms.
- Don’t forget to spell check!
- Check the classifications. Make sure you’re using the right sender profile, delivery profile, and send classification. If you accidentally send a commercial message as a transactional message, you might find yourself on the wrong side of CAN-SPAM legislation.
- Check the who and the when. Double-check the date and time you want to send the message, as well as the audience to whom you are sending.