How to Create a Lead Capture Page for Your Digital Marketing Campaign
The lead capture page, sometimes called a squeeze page in digital marketing, is an important landing page type to any business that benefits from lead generation. The lead capture page is an extremely focused page containing the following:
- A gated offer: A small “chunk” of value that solves a specific problem for a specific market that is offered in exchange for their contact information.
- Headline/subheadline: Text at the top of the page that compels the site visitor to read the bullets and consider taking the gated offer on the page.
- Bullets: Strong statements that outline the benefits of the gated offer.
- Product image: If you can show a visual representation of the gated offer, do so. This approach may not be applicable to all offers.
- Proof: Include trust icons such as logos of associations you are a member of, reputable brands you are associated with, or testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Lead form: The form is the mechanism that actually collects the contact information.
Ask only for information that you plan to use in your marketing. In general, the more information you ask for in your form, the lower your conversion rate will be. So if, for example, you don’t plan to follow up via telephone, don’t ask for a phone number in the lead form.