Accessing Your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Apps
The most important tool for navigating into, out of, and around apps hides itself as soon as you leave the Salesforce Marketing Cloud dashboard.
While you’re in the dashboard, the app switcher appears immediately below the toolbar. Once you leave the dashboard, you can find the app switcher by hovering your mouse pointer over the Salesforce Marketing Cloud logo. This light-gray bar provides links to all the apps that are enabled in your account.
Marketing Cloud puts apps into groups called channels. The channels are as follows:
- Email Studio: Send email marketing messages to your subscribers.
- Mobile Studio: Send SMS/text campaigns.
- Social Studio: Use tools for social listening, engagement, and page management.
- Advertising Studio: Manage social advertising through Social.com.
- Web Studio: Leverage CloudPage tools to deliver personalized content on landing pages, Facebook tabs, mobile apps, and more.
- Analytics Builder: Keep track of your progress with reports and analytics.
- Journey Builder: Automate your online marketing efforts.
- Content Builder: Create and manage images, documents, and other kinds of content to be used in other apps.
- Personalization Builder: Serve personalized content to each subscriber.
- Audience Builder: Segment your subscribers based on behavior and other kinds of data.
- HubExchange: Acquire (sometimes free, sometimes at a cost) applications that plug into Salesforce Marketing Cloud so you can tie in to other systems and tools. The Litmus, Persado, and Audience Point apps in HubExchange are particularly good.
Is your app switcher crowded with apps you haven’t licensed? You can remove them by using the My Apps/All Apps switch.