Sending a Business Card in Outlook 2000
With Microsoft Outlook, you have the ability to forward an electronic business card, or vCard, to any other person who uses Outlook or any other program that understands how to use a vCard. You can easily send any contact record in your list to anybody by e-mail.
The most obvious thing you may want to send this way is your own contact information. All you need to do is create a contact record for yourself that contains all the information you want to send someone. Then, follow these steps:
1. Click the Contacts icon in the Outlook Bar.
Your list of contacts appears.
2. Double-click the contact record containing the information you want to send.
The contact record you double-clicked opens.
3. Choose ActionsàForward as vCard.
A new message form opens with a vCard file attached to the message (see Figure 1).
4. Type the address of the person to whom you want to send the message in the To text box.
You can also click the To button and pick a name from the Address Book.
5. Click the Send button (or press Alt+S).
Your message and the attached vCard are sent to your recipient.
When you receive a vCard in an e-mail message, you can add the vCard to your Contact list by double-clicking the icon in the message that represents the vCard.