The GoPro HERO Session
Not only is it the smallest GoPro in the lineup, but it’s also the most inconspicuous. Easily worn, or mounted, The HERO Session allows you capture impressive video and pictures in the smallest spaces. One-button operation makes it easy to start recording, but its small size provides less control on the camera. That’s no problem, since you can control the camera from your app.
Some aspects to consider:
- Waterproof: No need to worry about a waterproof housing, since the camera is already waterproof to depths of 33 feet.
- Impressive quality: Sharp, professional-quality video capture at 1440p at 30 fps or 1080p at 60 fps. You can record at the higher frame rate of 100 fps at 720p for amazing slow-motion playback.
- Great photo capture: Captures still frames at 8MP and photo bursts up to 10 frames. In addition, it captures time-lapse at intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds.
- Built-in intelligent battery: It only uses power when you’re recording; otherwise it shuts off the camera. You can capture continuously for two hours or more on a full charge. On the downside, you cannot swap out the battery, so if it dies, you must fully charge the camera before using it again.
- One-touch recording: A single button powers on the camera and starts recording video or time-lapse photos automatically.
- Few buttons: The camera must be controlled through the Capture app to change settings.
- Always captures right side up: Even if the camera is upside down, it will automatically capture the scene right side up.
- Protune: When capturing video, it provides more control for camera settings, including white balance, exposure, ISO, and color. In addition, it captures with less compression than the non-Protune setting.