Keto Breakfast Recipe: Goat Cheese Frittata
Eggs are obviously the easiest and most natural choice for keto-friendly breakfasts, and eggs play the central role in this keto recipe. Frittatas are great for adding some veggies to your eggs. You also can make this Goat Cheese Frittata in advance and reheat it one serving at a time.
Eggs and the keto diet go together so well, you might want to explore some other keto breakfast options. You can only eat so many eggs before you start to realize you’re not able to look a chicken in the eye anymore!
Goat Cheese Frittata
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
16 medium spears asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces sliced white mushrooms
12 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cloves minced garlic
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
2 green onions, sliced thin
- Trim the ends from the asparagus and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and asparagus, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until browned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the skillet and sprinkle with goat cheese and green onion.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees, until set; then cut into wedges to serve.
Per serving: Calories 505 (From Fat 366); Fat 41g (Saturated 18g); Cholesterol 622mg; Sodium 531mg; Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Net Carbohydrate 5g; Protein 28g.