Android Tricks to Remember
You’ll feel like an expert user with your Android after you absorb this assortment of handy, time-saving tricks:
- Dictation! You can speak to your gizmo as an effective and quick alternative to using the onscreen keyboard.
- Use the Recent icon to quickly switch between apps.
- Modify the Home screen: change the wallpaper, add your favorite apps, slap down some useful widgets.
- Whenever possible, use the phone or LTE tablet’s Wi-Fi Internet connection to avoid incurring mobile data surcharges.
- Long-press a key on the onscreen keyboard to peruse alternative characters.
- Spread your fingers to zoom into a web page, which makes clicking links much easier.
- Swipe the Camera icon on the Lock screen to snap a quick photo.
- Quickly put the Android into vibration mode by pressing the Down Volume key until the phone vibrates.
- An Android tablet can make phone calls, but you must first install the proper app. For traditional phone calls, Skype is a good idea. The Google Hangouts app can be used for phone calls, providing the Hangouts Dialer app is installed.
- Use the various Search icons to look for things on the Android, on the Internet, or in a specific app.
- When downloading updates, new apps, or for faster Web browsing, activate Wi-Fi.
- Use the Google Assistant to control the Android with your voice or to search the Internet.