Some aspects to consider:
- Waterproof: No need to worry about a waterproof housing, since the camera is already waterproof to depths of 33 feet.
- Impressive quality: Sharp, professional-quality video capture at 1440p at 30 fps or 1080p at 60 fps. You can record at the higher frame rate of 100 fps at 720p for amazing slow-motion playback.
- Great photo capture: Captures still frames at 8MP and photo bursts up to 10 frames. In addition, it captures time-lapse at intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds.
- Built-in intelligent battery: It only uses power when you're recording; otherwise it shuts off the camera. You can capture continuously for two hours or more on a full charge. On the downside, you cannot swap out the battery, so if it dies, you must fully charge the camera before using it again.
- One-touch recording: A single button powers on the camera and starts recording video or time-lapse photos automatically.
- Few buttons: The camera must be controlled through the Capture app to change settings.
- Always captures right side up: Even if the camera is upside down, it will automatically capture the scene right side up.
- Protune: When capturing video, it provides more control for camera settings, including white balance, exposure, ISO, and color. In addition, it captures with less compression than the non-Protune setting.