How to Schedule a Skype Meeting
There are two ways to meet using Skype for Business: from Outlook or from the Meet Now feature in the Skype for Business application. To schedule a Skype meeting in Outlook, follow these steps:
- On the Home tab in Outlook, click New Items→Meeting.
A new window pops up with your untitled meeting.
- Enter the necessary information for the meeting (invitees, subject, location, date, time).
- From the ribbon, click Skype Meeting.
The body of your meeting invitation will be populated with Skype meeting information and the Skype Meeting button will change to Join Skype Meeting (see the following figure). Depending on your organization’s set up, you may or may not see the Join by phone option.
- Click the Send button to send the meeting invitation.
Alternatively, you can start an online meeting by going to the Calendar view, double-clicking the New Skype Meeting button from Ribbon.
To start a meeting directly from the Skype for Business application, follow these steps:
- Click the arrow next to the Settings icon and click Meet Now.
- From the meeting window that opens, click the Invite More People button at the top-right corner of the window.
- Select the participants from your contacts list or add participants one at a time by entering their email address and then click OK.
The people you invited will be notified to join the meeting.