Using Photoshop Elements 15 to Make Flyers, Ads, and Online Auctions
Whether you’re selling puppies or advertising an open house, adding a photo to an ad or flyer really helps to drive home your message. Here are the abbreviated steps to quickly create an ad or a flyer:
- In Expert mode, choose File→New→Blank File.
- In the New dialog box, enter your specs and then click OK.
Enter the final dimensions and resolution for your desired output. If you want to print your ad or flyer on your desktop printer or at a service bureau, a good guideline for resolution is 300 pixels per inch (ppi). Leave the color mode as RGB and the Background Contents as White.
To fill your background with color, choose Edit → Fill Layer and then choose Color from the Use pop-up menu. Choose your desired color in the Color Picker and then click OK.
- Open your photos and then drag and drop them onto your new canvas with the Move tool.Each image is on a separate layer.
Choose Window → Images → Cascade or Tile to view all your canvases at the same time.
- Select the Type tool, click the canvas, add your desired text, and then position your type with the Move tool.If you want to add a drop shadow as well, select your Type layer and in the Styles panel of the Effects panel (Window → Effects or click the Effects icon in the bottom-right corner), choose Drop Shadows from the Styles drop-down menu. Double-click the shadow of your choice.
- When you’re done, choose File → Save.
- Name your file, choose Photoshop (.psd) from the Format drop-down list, and make sure that the Layers and ICC Profile (Embed Color Profile on the Mac) check boxes are selected.
If you’re taking your document to a copy shop, save your document as a Photoshop PDF (
- (Optional) To save a copy of your ad or flyer in the Organizer, select the Include in the Elements Organizer check box. In addition, select the Layers, ICC Profile (Embed Color Profile on the Mac), and Use Lower Case Extension (Windows only) options.
- Click Save.