Get Some Rest with Do Not Disturb on Your iPad
Do Not Disturb is a simple but useful setting you can use to stop any alerts, text messages, and FaceTime calls from appearing or making a sound on your iPad. You can make settings to allow calls from certain people or several repeat calls from the same person in a short time period to come through. (The assumption here is that such repeat calls may signal an emergency situation or urgent need to get through to you.)
- Tap Settings and then tap Do Not Disturb.
- Set the Do Not Disturb switch to On (green) to enable the feature.
- In the other settings shown, do any of the following:
- Toggle the Scheduled switch to On (green) to allow alerts during a specified time period to appear.
- Tap Allow Calls From and then, from the next screen, select Everyone, No One, Favorites, or Groups, such as All Contacts.
- Toggle the Repeated Calls switch to On to allow a second call from the same person in a three-minute time period to come through.
- Choose to silence incoming calls and notifications Always or Only while iPad is locked.
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.