Follow Favorite Channels and Topics on Your iPad
The Following tab in the iPad News app allows you to select the topics and channels you prefer to include in Your News, as well as manage notifications from news sources.
- With the News app open, tap the Following button at the bottom of the screen. The screen shown here appears.
- Scroll down the screen to find suggestions from Siri based on your searches, favorite channels, and topics that appeal to you. You can also search for topics and channels using the search field at the top of the screen.
- Items with small bell icons (like those shown here) allow you to set a notification when stories become available; tap the bell to enable (blue) or disable (gray) notifications.
- Tap an item to view it.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner of the screen to edit the Following list.
- To delete an item, tap the red circle containing the — and then tap the Delete button that appears to the right (shown). Tap Done in the upper-right corner when you finish editing the list.
- Scroll to the top of the screen and tap the blue +Browse button to see a list of channels you designate as favorites, as shown here.
- Scroll up and down the page to find items that interest you and tap them to make them favorites. (The heart on the icon will turn red for favorites; tap again to remove a favorite.)
- Tap Done at the bottom of the screen to exit the Favorites list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Following screen to see Manage Notifications. Tap Manage Notifications to scroll through a list of channels and toggle the bell icon to enable (blue) or disable (gray) notifications for a news outlet.
You can preview stories before opening them, which saves some download time. In Settings, tap News and then be sure the Show Story Previews switch is set to On (which it is by default).