How to Add Calendar Events on Your iPad
In addition to being able to enter events and view them in a list or by the day, week, or month, you can set up Calendar to send alerts to remind you of your obligations and search for events by keywords. You can even set up repeating events, such as birthdays, monthly get-togethers with the girls or guys, or weekly babysitting appointments with your grandchild.
To add events to your calendar:
- With any view displayed, tap the Add button (which looks like a plus symbol) in the upper-right corner of the screen to add an event. The New Event dialog appears.
- Enter a title for the event and, if you want, a location.
- Tap the All-day switch to turn it on for an all-day event. Tap the Starts or Ends field; the scrolling setting for day, hour, and minute appears.
- Place your finger on the date, hour, minute, or AM/PM column and move your finger to scroll up or down.
- If you want to add notes, use your finger to scroll down in the New Event dialog and tap in the Notes field. Type your note and then tap the Add button to save the event.
You can edit any event at any time by simply tapping it in any view of your calendar. When the details are displayed, tap Edit in the upper-right corner. The Edit Event dialog appears, offering the same settings as the New Event dialog. Tap the Done button to save your changes or Cancel to return to your calendar without saving any changes.