Content marketing involves producing and distributing high-quality educational content that potential customers find valuable and interesting. This can include blogs on your website, videos, podcasts, books and e-books, as well as email marketing campaigns and regular social media posts. These strategies help build trust and credibility while strengthening brand recognition.
Why does content marketing for small business work?Rather than asking your audience to purchase a product or service from you, as in traditional advertising, content marketing provides valuable, interesting content that resonates with your potential customers. It answers their questions, offers them something new, and is an excellent way to establish your expertise out there among the competition.
Dummies Custom Solutions: Great value for boosted recognitionSocial media, blogs, and email marketing campaigns are important tools to stay on top of, but if you’re looking for an additional way to distinguish yourself in today’s crowded marketplace, consider Dummies Custom Solutions, a Wiley offering.
You know Dummies — everybody does. People around the world turn to Dummies books and e-books when they want Learning Made Easy. We’ve been around a long time, and our brand awareness and book sales continue to grow. That’s because with Dummies, people trust they will get straightforward, accurate information presented in a fun, easy-to-understand way.
Working with the Dummies Custom Solutions editorial team, you get a fully customized Dummies book and e-book for your company or product that you can distribute in a variety of ways, including:
- Sign-ups on your website
- Webinar attendance
- Trade shows and other events
- Email marketing campaigns
- Boost awareness of your company or product
- Nurture relationships with current clients
- Establish your company as an authority/expert/thought leader
- Generate leads
Case study: vScaler
- Brand awareness. As a startup, it’s important to continually “make noise” in the industry. Our OpenStack For Dummies book is a great asset as it is content that doesn’t get old, so we can continually leverage it so spread awareness of vScaler.
- Lead generation: To date, our OpenStack For Dummies campaign has been our biggest success in terms of lead generation.
- Leveraging open source technology: vScaler continually tries to give back to the OpenStack community, and this book is a great asset to any newcomers to the opensource cloud family.
How were the assets used?
- Distributed physically at technology conferences and events
- Distributed by salespeople in face-to-face meetings
- Distributed digitally by means of a sign-up form on the website
What results did you see?Our OpenStack For Dummies email campaign has a higher-than-average click-through rate of 13 percent and has generated multiple sales opportunities.
How have your customers reacted to the book and what feedback have they shared with you?Our books are the first items of merchandise to go at our events!
“Our OpenStack For Dummies book is an invaluable asset for both brand awareness and lead generation and proves very popular among our target audience. Frazer and the team at Wiley made the entire process so simple, and the product was delivered to a very high standard both in quality and content.”; – Orla Power, Head of Marketing, vScaler