Detox Diets For Dummies
Book image
Explore Book Buy On Amazon

If toxins are making you ill, you need to work with a doctor or other healthcare professional to get proper diagnosis and treatment. And if detoxification is a health priority for you — whether you’re sick or not — you need a doctor whose training goes beyond traditional medicine. The doctor you need will integrate ideas from traditional and alternative treatments to create the best treatment program for you. (Hence the term integrative physician.)

To locate a physician who is open to and familiar with detox dieting and the ideas behind detoxification, contact one these organizations:

  • American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM): Visit the Web site or call 1-800-532-3688 to tap into ACAM’s Physician Referral Service. You can search for a doctor by last name (if you already have someone in mind), by zip code, and/or by specialty.

  • International College of Integrative Medicine (ICIM): The ICIM Web site features a service called “Find a Practitioner.” You can search by state, zip code, and/or specialty. You can also e-mail ICIM to request information.

About This Article

This article is from the book:

About the book authors:

Dr. Gerald Don Wootan, DO, M.Ed., is a board-certified osteopathic physician and the medical director of Jenks Health Team, a medical practice that specializes in integrative medicine with an emphasis on natural detoxification and nutritional supplementation. M. Brittain Phillips is a freelance writer.

This article can be found in the category: