World War II For Dummies
US $19.99 Add to Cart
World War II was the most destructive event of the twentieth century. It was total war covering the entire globe, and the nations that fought it employed every available resource, harnessing both technology and people to one purpose. If you look at the world today, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a country that was not affected by this war.
If you want to find out more about this war, without being overwhelmed, World War II for Dummies can help. Whether you’re looking for a way to enhance your appreciation of the events that took place or just want to refresh your memory without digging through countless volumes of World War II history, this book is right for you.
Accurate and easily accessible World War II for Dummies will help you explore a war that defined and shaped the world we live in today. You’ll discover all the players—individuals as well as nations—who participated in the war and the politics that drove them. Battle by battle, you’ll find out how the Axis powers initially took control of the war and how the Allies fought back to win the day. World War II for Dummies also covers:
- The origins and causes of World War II
- The rise of Hitler and the Third Reich
- How the war was handled at home
- Germany’s invasion of Poland, France, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, and Luxembourg
- Great Britain’s refusal to surrender after forty-two days of German aerial bombardment
- The United States entrance into the war after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor
- The Allied invasion of Normandy (D-Day)
- Germany’s last ditch effort to stop the Allies at the Battle of the Bulge
- The use of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki