Java and XML For Dummies
US $34.99 Add to Cart
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
The seamless integration of source code and data from many different programming languages and platforms to build large, reliable software systems has been the Holy Grail of computing since the early 1970s. Now, with the marriage of the Java programming language and XML—the worldwide standard for representing data—that ideal has been realized. Together, Java and XML make up the backbone of a bold new generation of applications and Web services. As the sixties radicals used to say, “Either you’re part of the problem or part of the solution!” and no programmer worth his or her salt will want to pass up an opportunity to get in on the Java and XML revolution.
Java and XML For Dummies offers you a fun, fast and easy way to get up to speed on all of Java’s XML tools. Barry Burd walks you through all the major APIs and standards –from JAXP and SAX to SOAP and UDDI—and shows you how to start programming with them right away. Using lots of real-world programming examples he puts you on track to:
- Configure your computer to optimize Java and XML
- Make sense of the complete Java XML toolset
- Create and troubleshoot XML documents
- Master Java XML Web services tools
- Join the Web services revolution and make a million bucks
Java and XML For Dummies is arranged in modular fashion, making it easy for you to zero-in on specific areas, tools or procedures that interest you, without having to wade through coverage stuff you already know about. From basic to advanced, it covers all the bases, including:
- Scanning data with SAX, DOM and JDOM
- Programming techniques using SAX API tools
- Programming with DOM API tools
- Viewing XML data on the Web
- Creating custom code for your document using JAXB
- Sending SOAP messages using JAXM
- Working with XML registries
- Automating Web-service processes
Java and XML For Dummies is your road map for JAXP, JDOM, SOAP, WSDL, and all of Java’s powerful XML tools—and your passport to joining the Web services revolution!