Identity Theft For Dummies
US $21.99 Add to Cart
Practical solutions to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft
In 2008, 9.9 million Americans became victims of identity theft. The cost exceeded $48 billion in 2008; consumers spend some $5 billion out-of-pocket each year to clear up resulting fraud issues. This guide will help keep you from becoming the next victim.
Written by a veteran security professional, Identity Theft For Dummies gives you the tools to recognize what information is vulnerable, minimize your risk, stay safe online, and practice damage control if your identity is compromised.
- If you have a name, a date of birth, and a Social Security number, you're a potential victim; this book helps you recognize your risk and defend against identity thieves
- Explains what identity theft is, how it happens, and how to recognize if you have become a victim
- Shows how to protect your personal information, how to be discreet in public places, how to interpret your credit report, and why you should monitor your financial statements
- Helps you recognize risks you may not have considered, such as what you set at the curb on trash day
- Provides advice on how to clear your name if you are victimized
Identity Theft For Dummies arms you to fight back against this growing threat.