Hacking For Dummies, 2nd Edition
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Are you worried about external hackers and rogue insiders breaking into your systems? Whether it’s social engineering, network infrastructure attacks, or application hacking, security breaches in your systems can devastate your business or personal life. In order to counter these cyber bad guys, you must become a hacker yourself—an ethical hacker.
Hacking for Dummies shows you just how vulnerable your systems are to attackers. It shows you how to find your weak spots and perform penetration and other security tests. With the information found in this handy, straightforward book, you will be able to develop a plan to keep your information safe and sound. You’ll discover how to:
- Work ethically, respect privacy, and save your system from crashing
- Develop a hacking plan
- Treat social engineers and preserve their honesty
- Counter war dialing and scan infrastructures
- Understand the vulnerabilities of Windows, Linux, and Novell NetWare
- Prevent breaches in messaging systems, web applications, and databases
- Report your results and managing security changes
- Avoid deadly mistakes
- Get management involved with defending your systems
As we enter into the digital era, protecting your systems and your company has never been more important. Don’t let skepticism delay your decisions and put your security at risk. With Hacking For Dummies, you can strengthen your defenses and prevent attacks from every angle!