Golden Retrievers For Dummies
US $17.99 Add to Cart
For the past decade, the Golden Retriever has ranked among the five most popular breeds registered with the AKC, with more than 65,000 Goldens registered every year. The Golden Retriever’s personality is as golden as his outer coat. He was bred to please, and please he does. He started out as a hunting partner who delivered birds to hand and has evolved into modern times delivering whatever suits his owner’s fancy. Because Golden Retrievers were originally bred to work in tandem with humans, they are also highly trainable.
Golden Retrievers For Dummies is intended for busy 21st century dog owners who don’t have time to sit down and read through 300 pages at a crack. This is a reference you can jump in and out of as dog questions rear their furry heads. This handy guide is also for you if
- You own a Golden Retriever or thinking about getting one.
- You've just brought home a Golden pup.
- You want to find the best way to raise and train your Golden.
- You want to help your Golde n to not just survive but to thrive.
Find out what it takes to own this active, intelligent, and friendly dog. Explore the Golden's personality traits and living requirements. Discover which diseases are hereditary. This reference guide covers all the aspects of dog ownership, including:
- Looking at breeders, rescue groups, and animal shelters
- Adopting and caring for older dogs
- Selecting a puppy with help from an established testing process
- Dog-proofing your house and yard
- Crate training, housetraining, and obedience training
- Canine communication and growing pains
- Feeding, exercising, and playing with your Golden
- Dealing with illness, problem behavior, and treatment
- Grooming for health and beauty
If you’re serious about this Golden business and not just caving in to the kids or some other wild impulse, follow the advice of responsible dog owners and breeders. Look deep into your dog-loving soul and carefully consider the big picture. Love alone is not enough.