Online Test Banks
Score higher
See Online Test Banks
eLearning
Learning anything is easy
Browse Online Courses
Mobile Apps
Learning on the go
Explore Mobile Apps
Dummies Store
Shop for books and more
Start Shopping

How to Help a Dog Injured from Electrical Shock

Occasionally a dog, usually a puppy, will bite down on an electric cord and suffer electrical shock, often accompanied by burns. The dog may be unconscious and have burns around her mouth and on her tongue.

If you find your dog unconscious near an electrical cord, turn off the power to the socket before touching your dog.

Examine the dog using the A-B-C protocol — checking airway, breathing, and circulation. Administer CPR if the dog is in shock or is unconscious. When the dog is conscious, give first aid for burns and get her to your veterinarian immediately.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement

Inside Dummies.com

Dummies.com Sweepstakes

Win $500. Easy.