tack cloth: A piece of cloth that is coated in a sticky (tacky) substance so that dust and particles stick to it. Tack cloths are used to remove any debris before painting or sealing a project.

tank bolts: The tank bolts that connect the bottom of the tank to the toilet base, and each bolt has a rubber gasket between the bolt head and the tank to stop water from leaking. The spud washer seals the gap between the flush valve and bowl.

tankball: The tankball lifts out of the drain when the flush handle is moved, allowing the tank to fill with water. It should settle back into place with the water level is restored.

tankball rod: The tankball rod controls the tankball which controls the water flow in the toilet tank.

tapestry: A tapestry is a fabric that has a pattern created by weaving or by needlepoint.

telescoping extension pole: A pole that attaches to short-handled tools like paint rollers. The pole allows the handle to be extended to the desired length.

television mirror: A television mirror is a type of surface, on a television screen, that converts to a standard mirror when the television is not turned on.

tile run: Like a dye lot, the tile run is the batch of tiles that was manufactured at a specific time. The color and pattern can vary slightly between tile runs.

toenail: To toenail a shingle means to drive the roofing nails at an angle.

toggle bolts: A toggle bolt has a mechanism that folds up so that it can be pushed through a regular drill hole, but when it is fastened the toggle opens up to clamp to the back side of the wall.

toile: A fabric with a solid background and pastoral scenes printed in a solid color.

track lighting: Track lighting is a long flexible mount that attaches to a single ceiling box and allows you to mount and direct lighting multiple fixtures exactly where you want it.

Traditional 18th Century: The 18th century style is created by combining fabrics and patterns that would have been available at the time.

tread: The horizontal board on the top of a step.

trim: Trim is an umbrella term for any kind of finish strip applied around openings to conceal surface or angle joints and raw edges where drywall meets doorways, windows, floors, and ceilings.

trowel: A trowel is a tool used for applying mortar.

TSP: TSP (tri-sodium phosphate) is an alkaline cleaning material. TSP-PF is a phosphate-free version.

tube cutter: A tube cutter is a tool for cutting pipe.

tuckpointing: Tuckpointing is the process of repairing the mortar on a brick wall.

turpentine: Is a form of mineral solvent used for cleaning and breaking down oil-based products.

two-part auto body filler: A form of filler that activates when you combine the two materials together creating a hard finish.

Type K Copper: Type K is a thicker type of rigid copper pipe and is used in outdoor and drain applications.

Type L copper: Type L is a thicker type of rigid copper pipe and is used in outdoor and drain applications.

Type M copper: Type M is the thinnest type of rigid copper pipe, but it is strong enough for most homes.