Adding Courses to Your LinkedIn Profile
If you take a one-off course that doesn’t deliver a certificate nor is part of a much larger degree program, the Courses section of LinkedIn is for you. In addition, more and more students are joining LinkedIn, realizing the huge opportunities for networking and job search. The Courses section is where you spotlight recent courses that deserve to be highlighted outside of the degree you are working toward.
Here’s how to add a course to your LinkedIn profile:
- Open your LinkedIn profile.
- If you have the Courses section already added to your profile, simply scroll to it and click the pencil (edit) icon to enter into edit mode, then go to Step 5.
- If you don’t have the Courses section added to your profile yet, scroll below the Contact Information section at the top part of your profile and click the View More link to see a full list of sections to add.
- In the Courses section, click Add Courses. When clicked, the Courses section appears on your profile.
- In the Course Name field, type the name of the course.
- Enter the course number in the Number field.
- If this course was taken for a position you held, select that position from the drop-down list under the Associated With section.
By linking to a past or present work experience, readers can see the courses you took for that position, thus providing even more robustness to your profile and work history.
- Click the Save button.